1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm genderfluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by weird, Mar 21, 2015.

1. weird

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well hi guys,
    i'm new here c: the reason i joined this site is because i think i'm genderfluid. sorry if i use incorrect terms and things like that. i'm 13 and i don't know the most about lgbt things. i'm bisexual and i'm happy, proud and open about it (i came discovered my sexuality and came out last year). anyway, to the real story.

i've always had days where i feel more female and some days where i feel more male. there has been a lot of times since i was around 8 that i've wanted to cut my hair off so i looked like a boy, but i never had the guts to do it. i still consider cutting it to this day, but oh well. honestly, i don't exactly know what i'm saying, but basically i think i'm genderfluid and i'm having a hard time figuring that out.

if any of y'all could help me figure out my gender (i honestly have no idea how, as i said), that'd be awesome. i'd really appreciate some support at the moment, i'm going through some stressful stuff and my parents aren't exactly the most supportive people.

thanks in advance,
    jade (or ryan)

2. Ransom

I'm sorry to hear that your parents are not supportive. That is hard, and can hurt. In the end, you need to be true to how you feel inside, or it will hurt more and more as you go on.

I'm 30 and only recently have begun questioning my gender identity (about a month and a half ago). It's a crazy and sometimes scary place, but even though I don't know for certain where I will end up, I'm glad I'm working it out because it is more freeing. My wife started coming out to people as Bisexual in the last year, so way to go on being courageous enough to start so young!

As far as your hair goes, I say go for it! Hair grows back and if you don't like it, there are still ways to style it in a more masculine or feminine way. I started painting my toenails and have had such a wonderful time and enjoy how it makes me feel a lot. I didn't do it at first because I was scared, but my wife reminded me that I can always remove it. So I did and I haven't looked back. I also shaved my legs for the first time and it felt wonderful, but the hair is growing back because I'm experimenting with different gender expressions to figure out what feels most accurate. I encourage you to do the same. It's your life, embrace it.

I kind of rambled through, but I hope that helps some.

3. weird

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah thanks c:
    i'm going to ask my mum about my hair, it's just really frizzy so i don't know how well it would cope with short hair cx

4. I'm_Danni_x

Hey there,
    As you've mentioned that your parents aren't supportive I really feel for you and hope they understand soon. When you talk to your mum (or other parent) you could tell them how bad long hair is making you feel and how that's affecting how you feel about yourself. You could also tell her how short hair could make you feel much more better about yourself. Be persistent with your parents. If they still aren't willing to let you get a haircut, you could sit them down in a heart to heart conversation and really express your feelings to them. If they still don't agree (just like my parents), you could get a relatives support and ask them to persuade your parents to let you cut your hair short. Also, I've seen on your profile picture that your hair is long, you could ask if you could donate it to charity. Best of luck! :slight_smile: