1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I know if I'm non-binary?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Magicc, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Magicc

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lately I've just been so confused about everything, including my sexuality (I'm not even gonna get into that though...) and gender.
    I think I'm female (which is my sex as well) but at the same time I'm not sure if I feel like either gender? I know I wouldn't consider myself a male, but at the same time I'm not sure if I consider myself female either? I'm definitely not feminine or anything, but at the same time I don't consider myself masculine in anyway...
    I don't know, maybe I'm just thinking about it too hard... if anyone has some insight though, it would be very helpful, if you need more information though I'd be glad to share. Thank you!

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Do you feel uncomfortable being female? A lot of cis people might not really feel any strong connection to any gender because they've never had to struggle with it, so that could be what you're feeling. And not being masculine/feminine does not necessarily mean anything about your gender, lots of people are varying mixes of masculine or feminine. No one knows what's in your head but you, so only you can really say for sure, but I hope this helped.

3. Magicc

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I just feel uncomfortable being...restricted, I suppose? Maybe it is just the lack of strong connection to being a female...I suppose it's something I'll have to ponder and discover more, but thank you! Your post did actually help! :icon_bigg

4. ApexxShadow

It really depends on how you feel on the inside. If you don't want to label your gender or sexuality, that's cool. It took me a while to really figure out my gender. Whatever you feel most comfortable as identifying as.