1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria and skipping PE lessons- i want to die

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by I'm_Danni_x, Mar 23, 2015.

1. I'm_Danni_x

Hey,

I've been experiencing dysphoria since last May and things have been overwhelming recently. Since year 8 I was skipping pe (about 8 times) because I couldn't handle the dysphoria as it was weighing me down. Nobody have found out then as the paper registers weren't added on electronicaly.Now they are, I've skipped it twice now so there's a chance I could get caught. I'm terrified to do pe, I feel like a perv and someone whose just been placed in this area where they don't belong. I'd like to mention that I'm also very weak at pe, struggle with it and that just adds on to the frustrations. I hate pe it makes me feel so suicidal. I don't think the pe teachers care but once they catch me out. It will be hard to explain everything. :tears::tears:

My main PE teacher knows about my gender issues but I'm sure that they put my difficulties down to lack of effort. I want to die. The people there are so ignorant how do I explain it to them?:help:

2. Zane7

Zane7 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think maybe you need to have more confidence in who you are. You are so much more than merely the gender you identify as. Your personality, your interests, your skills, and how you treat others are all huge parts of your identity too. Go to P.E. and maybe try to have a little fun. Play games, make mistakes, and laugh them off. Look for other students who look like they're struggling as well and try to befriend them. Nothing about your gender identity should inhibit you from P.E. class. Don't call yourself weak or frail, because pretty soon you start to believe those lies.

3. RainDreamer

If possible, find a doctor/therapist or such medical professional that understand gender problems, and talk with them about your situation. They may be able to write a note for you to be exempted from PE, like any other students with medical condition. You just need to have an excuse to tell your friends if they ask.

Otherwise, you have to tell your PE teacher yourself fully about your situation and how serious it is. You either stay in the closet and hope that you can bear through all the things that get thrown at you. Or you step out a little and and tell someone you trust, and hope that your trust pays off.

Tell them exactly how you feel, and hope that they understand. If you can't trust them, then you have to do it, but you have to cope in some other ways. Practice meditation. Send your mind away. Achieve zen. Focus on the movement of your action, the details of your environment to distract yourself from your situation.

4. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might sound kind of weird, but imagining you're a secret agent dressed as a different gender can help with dysphoria.

5. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you have a school counsellor you can talk with about this?

6. Sam I Am

This ... this is brilliant.

7. RainDreamer

Works for some, doesn't work for some others. Even if I am thinking that I am being a secret agent, I still resent that I never had a choice to refuse to be one in the first place and have to deal with all these horrible things. Especially when my body is also betraying my mind.