1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I genderfluid??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lgbtqenjolras, Mar 24, 2015.

1. lgbtqenjolras

Right now I identify as cis-female, but I'm not really sure. I'm also sorta confused about my sexuality, but this isn't the thread to get into that. I enjoy being a female most of the time, but some days I dress more masculine and enjoy looking more boyish. I really want to cut my hair, but I'm too nervous and I'm not sure how I'd look with a pixie cut. (Opinions? /Users/student/Desktop/tumblr_nlmp72HBjp1tpcl36o1_1280.jpg ) . I'm not uneasy with being female, I just don't like having to choose. I want to be both, or neither, I don't really know. Is it just a stage? HELP.

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you could be genderfluid. On your more masculine days do you want to be socialized as male? Or you could just be a girl that likes to dress masculine sometimes. If you want to be both you could be bigender.

3. HardToSay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have met and talked with many, many TG people and you do not sound like you would fall in that area, but rather in the non gender conforming area: it is ok not to want to appear girly or look girly at all times, that does not make gender fluid, but simply independent and assertive. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps.

PS: Did you try to post a picture? I could not open the link you posted...

4. Maybe demigirl? You identify as a girl most of the time but sometimes identify as another gender

5. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Do what makes you comfortable and find the labels later--you are you, not a group! I have a somewhat similar problem and I'm unsure myself, but I just continue behaving as myself and don't worry about the labels so much. This is the only way that I've been able to be more comfortable with being LGBT. I am part of LGBT in my own way--though I haven't gotten along w/ or been attracted ot many of the people in the LGBT community where I live--and I dont let it bother me.

6. IvorySteel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have experienced similar things. My advice to you is don't rush to put a label on it, and acknowledge that your own gender experience can change over time.

7. dirglenerg

Read into different gender non-binaries and see if you can find something you can relate to. Just remember, it's all a spectrum, you don't have to fit perfectly into that box to be able to call yourself that. Just find something that relates to you, it might click.

Also, if you want a pixie cut, by all means get a pixie cut and rock it. If you think it's too risky and you value your appearance for confidence then by all means, be wary. But if you really do like pixie cuts and you don't think you'd mind too much to cut your hair, you probably should try it. It's hair, it grows back, you'll still be just as beautiful as you were before the hair cut.

8. lgbtqenjolras

lol I forgot about this thread, I identified as a demigirl for a while but it turns out I'm defiantly genderfluid haha

9. lgbtqenjolras

Just kidding I played myself I'm ftm trans i was defiantly uncomfortable as a female and would't admit it yay internalized transphobia