1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on my coming out letter?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Tardis221B, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Tardis221B

Hey everyone :slight_smile: So I think I've just about finished my coming out letter that I'm going to send to my female best friend sometime soon.

And I was just wondering what your thoughts on it were/ if you see any typos.

-Wesley

2. Acm

Acm Guest

It looks good to me. Good luck!

3. Goodnyte

I like it. Seems perfect to me.

4. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It looks great, but what do you mean you came out to her three times already? As pan?

Also, is the "boat and paddle thingy" rowing?

5. Tardis221B

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

and @ Tai, last February I came out as asexual, then attracted to women in the fall, and now trans...

And the rowing thing I can't remember, but it was where you stand in a boat and paddle standing up, it wasn't paddle board either, but I'm not too concerned about the logistics of its name :slight_smile: ...

6. Jellal

Well the good news is that if this is the 3rd time you've come out you can be at least fairly certain that this is a friend who's been willing to hear you out about deep and personal things in the past and has a nice track record.

EDIT: Oh, I also came out as asexual to a close friend a few years before I told him I was transgender. And I had to backpedal on the asexual comment I made and confess that I definitely have a sex drive, but the thought of having sex as a guy made me too squicked out to go for it.

7. Tardis221B

Thanks again everyone :slight_smile:

I sent her the letter earlier this evening, and almost immediately she responded. :slight_smile: She couldn't read it at the moment as she was in class, but told me she'd get back to me soon.

I'll be sure to keep you guys updated!

8. Astral

Any updates? :slight_smile:

9. Tardis221B

Yeah :slight_smile: I woke up the next day (so yesterday) to a response from her, super supportive and were planning on skyping some time next week after a project of her class is turned in :slight_smile: