1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very confused and slightly angry

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by waterpark, Mar 26, 2015.

1. waterpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi. I'm AFAB, but have recently been questioning my gender. There are times when I like being a girl, frilly skirts and all, and some times when I want to be a boy. This lead me to believe that I was genderfluid, but that didn't seem to fit as I didn't feel like 'both' or 'neither'. I delved deep into the world of gender and looked up a sh!t ton of stuff, finding thing that appealed to me like bigender or demigirl. Sometimes all I want to do is be called a boy.
    But that's not really what I'm hear to say. If I can't figure out my gender, a bunch of strangers on the internet won't either. Nonetheless, you are still helpful:
    Occasionally I will experience waves of dysphoria, and cannot find a way to curb it, especially when I'm in a more public setting and find myself dressed in the wrong clothes, being called the wrong pronouns. How can you diminish these feelings, even when you aren't out at all regarding gender.
    Thank you for reading this rambling thing. And thanks in advance for all feedback!

2. Queero

Dysphoria's a nasty bitch isn't it?

For me, I got rid of clothes that would make me feel uncomfortable, even if they sometimes didn't bother me. I wore a lot of unisex or androgynous clothes, Tshirts, sweatpants, and things like that. "Casual" sort of clothes, baggier than I needed, and all.
    I really don't know anything about you personally, but my best advice would be to just wear things that would be appropriate for anyone to wear.

3. Tardis221B

For me social dysphoria is a nasty bugger right now (study abroad group is "all girls"), but how I manage is a lot of mental strength, reminding myself that they mean well, and just meditating in that moment.

I zone out a lot and just start analyzing my surroundings like I am painting them, and yeah I know thats avoidant behavior, but distracting yourself in that moment does help to cope. But also I try to think about the future and think about the fact that one, one day I'll be able to be seen as the guy I see when I look in the mirror.

Also wearing sports bras instead of normal ones helps a lot.

4. waterpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks! This was pretty helpful!