1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religion

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Stefan, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Stefan

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only thing I'm scared of is if God wil not accept me. Other than that I would be transitioning now. If any of you are religious and Trans, will you please give me a few inspiring words or how you came to point with it.

2. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am. My opinion is that God does not mind as long as you do not wear non androgynous clothes. Surgery to fix it is fine. Marry the opposite gender of your soul.

3. Tardis221B

I'm not religious, but I can try to offer some inspiring words that I would imagine could help you.

Religion is a tricky subject when it gets tangled in with things such as gender and sexuality, but it shouldn't need to be that way.

In my agnostic atheist perspective, at its core most religions are about kindness, compassion, and treating other's and yourself with respect.

You if you transition you are still going to be the same person you always have been on the inside, only now the beauty of your happiness will be able to shine through in a more authentic way.

If God exists, how could he not want you live a life where you are true to yourself and be open and honest with others about who you are. Because not only are those things important to most people's well being and relationships, but also because the kinder you are to yourself, the lighter your heart feels. And when we feel that our identity is respected by others and we are treated with love, we can share that same kindness and love with others. Isn't that what religion is all about?

Being true to who you are is a scary thing to do, and it takes a lot of courage, self acceptance, and inner strength to do all of that. I don't see why God would have in issue with someone who wanted to make their body reflect how they feel on the inside.

I hope you are able to reconcile your struggles with this soon and able to find peace within yourself and with your faith.

4. yayforthelgbt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hello :slight_smile: I'm not trans - but I am Christian and possibly gay. I just want to tell you that God loves you no matter what. There is NOTHING wrong with being transgender. Transgender is natural and God has designed everybody in his image. I'm not sure what religion you are, but you most likely think God thinks being transgender is a sin? Trust me, it is not. Many religious books have a context/culture they are set in and you have to consider what the culture was. Sinning is a choice - being transgender is the way you were born and you had no choice in it. A lot of religious fundamentalists take the holy books literally but holy books should not always be taken literally. There may be verses about being transgender in your religion which seem condemning but the book was written by men - not God. God loves everybody no matter what and being transgender harms nobody but condemning transgender people does harm to trans people. Being transgender may not seem "traditional" religiously but there is nothing wrong with it. God made you this way and you should embrace it :slight_smile: Also, depending on what religion you are you can look up things to help you :slight_smile:
    These sites may help you:
    Transgender Spirituality - Transsexual Religions Community
    https://transandfaith.wordpress.com/

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not religious, but maybe this will help:

[​IMG]

6. Im Hazel

It says in the Bible that God gave us free will. I see it as a "We may do as we wish because He gave us the capacity to." I am non-religious too, but I know a bit about the Bible because I find it interesting.

7. fragileflame

I'm not trans..but I was in this boat for a while with my being gay. But God loves you, no matter what. There is nothing you could do that would make God not love you. No one really knows what God's views are on being gay/bi/lesbian or transgender/transsexual. You just have to know that what you are feeling and what you are doing as you transition is not wrong. It is not wrong. You are becoming who you are inside. And I think God would be proud of you for that. Hope I could help a bit..Love you and if you ever need to talk feel free to post on my wall.

8. Astral

Words of the wise indeed, I concur 100%. I hope you find the strength to be true to yourself. I am an atheist, but if were to be a God, he would want nothing less of his beloved creations. (*hug*)