1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

worried about school camp

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lonewolfblair, Mar 29, 2015.

1. lonewolfblair

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    my school has annual camps for each year level and mine luckily isn't until later in the year but I am worried that I won't have been able to come out by then and even if I can I am worried the school will find a way to keep me on the boys side.
    also I thought I should mention I have a friend who is perfectly happy to room with me.

so what I am asking for here is advice on what to do about getting my school to let me be on the girls side.

2. Im Hazel

Tell them. Go to the head of year, or form tutor (or whatever you call them in Australia). Just someone who will listen to you, but have the power to talk to the people in charge. Alternatively, go straight to the person leading the trip and tell them.

Tell them everything, if you can. Make sure to explain any terms, and I am sure that they will be understanding. If there is any Australian anti-transphobia legislature they probably can't stop you.