1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Dysphoric - Hip Help?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Fluid Falek, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Fluid Falek

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey everyone. I've been feeling super dysphoric recently. I'm genderfluid and my typical state is gender neutral with occasional movement toward demiboy. As such, I try to present as androgynously as possible. The problem, however, is that I have an incredibly feminine body. Like, to say I have proportions Sir Mix A Lot would appreciate would be an understatement. I got my very first binder today, a gc2b, but either it's too small or it's not for me, because it doesn't make me look any less female, just like a slightly smaller chested woman. A guy, who I'm pretty sure was straight, even hit on me while I was wearing it under a baggy sweatshirt at the grocery store. I'm convinced the problem is my giant hips and a$$. Yes, the best solution would be to lose weight, but if I could just do that, I'd have done that decades ago. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to reduce the appearance of hips? Thanks for listening to my rambling. :slight_smile:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Layering shirts helped me in the past. That can also help for the binding issue. Other than that, experimenting with different types of clothing and finding what works best for you will help you figure things out as well :slight_smile: I hope this helps you some!

3. CCcharges

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wearing straight-fit pants at the widest part of your hips and a boxy, loose fitting shirt (or several :slight_smile: )should help remove the illusion of feminine curves.

As for your bum, I am not sure what you could do about that. Men's pants could be a place to start? Or wearing a longer jacket that covers your butt could also help. I have the same problem sometimes, and wearing men's pants definitely helps me a TON with that, but my problem is more just that my butt is all round and ladylike, and less that it is big.

4. Fluid Falek

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks! I'll give your suggestions a shot. Ugghh... It would be easier just having been born in the body my brain was meant to be placed in though, wouldn't it? :wink: