1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluid or Transgender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by skycollage, Apr 1, 2015.

1. skycollage

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So recently it has been brought consciously to my mind that I am not comfortable with my assigned gender. I say consciously because I do remember having these sorts of thoughts before, but they never controlled my brain before. It's all I can think about.
    I'm female but I've never felt like I fit in as a female. As of late I've really just wanted to badly to become a man ─ have a manly torso and be able to grow facial hair. I know, it's kind of weird but I just can't stop thinking about this; wanting this.
    But I also like feminine things such as wearing dresses and the idea of wearing makeup. When I was about 9 or 10 I remember wanting people to think I was a boy and I went through an extended period of wearing boyish clothes and doing boyish things. I preferred the company of the "opposite" sex. Then after that time I became very girly, and now I seem to becoming inclined to boyish/manly things.
    Does genderfluidity fluctuate over years? Do I feel like a man for a couple of years and then feel like a woman? Go back and forth forever? It's so confusing and frustrating. Am I genderfluid? Or am I more of a feminine FtM transgender? You probably can't answer this, as it is up to me, but I would like some insight, and especially more info on genderfluidity.
    Can anyone help me?

2. Yami

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No idea, but I find this very interesting. I'll bump it up so maybe we both can get an answer :slight_smile:

3. skycollage

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. wolf of fire

When your gender fluid it changes over time, sometimes bigger time frames than other, I think it is possible you are gender fluid but only you really know.

5. Queero

Well, that could be genderfluidity.

You can be feminine and still be a guy. I'm fine most of the time with doing things like wearing dresses and girly things, because I enjoy doing drag/drag type things, and I'm not an overly masculine person. But it made me uncomfortable to wear or do girly things around most people because they wouldn't see it as drag, they would see a girl in a dress, and I didn't like that.

I don't know, based off what you've said in your post, I'd say genderfluid. You can try that and see how you feel after a while.

But gender identity is more than just liking "girly" or "manly" things.

How do you feel when someone calls you "ma'am" or refers to you as a girl? How do you feel when someone calls you "dude" or acts like you're a boy?

6. skycollage

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks guys.
    In terms to Queero's question, I really like it when people call me sir and it annoys me a little sometimes to be called a girl at the moment, but I remember earlier times liking being a she.
    Ahh, i don't know

7. Queero

Well, it sounds to me like you're happier as masculine now, so I'd say maybe genderfluid, but masculine currently.

The questioning, confusion is so irritating.