1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Identity Help?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Asariel, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Asariel

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I was wondering if any of you could help me.

Some days I feel happy and proud to be a woman, but other days I want to be a man. I don't really think I'm "gender fluid" but who knows.

Right now I identify as bisexual because I am attracted to both males and females.

Also, I don't really understand what being "gender fluid" really means, so if you could explain that to me, that would be really helpful!

2. Lazuri

It means that you identify as a dude one day and as a chick a different day. could be you from the very little you've told us.

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Genderfluid means that your gender changes. It can change between any number of genders and at any rate. I am genderfluid (though it's not the label I generally choose to use), and I personally switch between male, androgyne, and agender (and every once in a while, female).

Since you're bi, your sexuality label won't be affected if you turn out to be nonbinary, so if you're comfortable with that label, it's not something you have to worry about right now.

If you feel comfortable as a woman some days and would feel more comfortable being seen / referred to as a man on other days, you could definitely be genderfluid. If you only ever feel male or female (never any other gender), you could also choose to use the label bigender.
    If you decide you don't actually identify as male on the days that you "want to be a man", then you're probably cisgender.