1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Androgyne advice

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Sebby45, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any androgynes out there who could share what they feel about their gender? I am female, but do not feel female at all. Or male. I feel like I don't have a gender, I am just a human being. I have body dysphoria because I want to look more androgynous, although in my mind I see myself as slightly more male in appearance. And I hate feminine pronouns. I love it when I pass as a guy and people say "sir" or "him."

So I don't know what to think. There are so many terms out there!:help:

2. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well i'm kinda opposite from you..
    I'm born male but wish i could look more feminine..
    I'm identifying as male but inside i feel both, i can't really identify as 100% male but also not as a 100% female, it's somewhere in between like 75% female and 25% male.
    I kinda like both although i felt pretty disphoric this morning..
    For me being androgynous means i feel happy being a very feminine male and wearing the clothes i like regardless if it is male or female.
    I'd like to look more androgynous though...
    If you have any questions, just ask

3. Jellal

I considered whether androgyne would be a label I'd like for myself, seeing as I don't really feel 100% female, that's just what I want to be perceived and treated as. Which is why I go by the "demigirl" label here on EC. So I guess my advice to you, OP, is to think first about what it is you want out of others. Labels are secondary, and very often fail to convey the true nuance of what it is you're feeling.

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, on days when I ID as androgyne, it's because I have a gender, but I feel neutral. Usually I gauge based on pronoun preference (she/her will feel uncomfortable but he/him will feel uncomfortable too, like it's going too far in the other direction).

If you feel like you don't have a gender, you might be agender.

5. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I could write all of it myself.
    I don't feel completely female or male - feel somewhat agender-ish and view myself more as ME when alone, but I don't think I could label myself agender because I feel there's this guy in me who wants to be acknowledged. I even gave him a nickname. :icon_wink
    Speaking about body dysphoria, I feel neutral about my breasts when alone but usually hate when people see them and automatically assume I'm a female. I don't intend to pass as a guy though - my gender expression is somewhere between androgynous and sightly masculine, but also love it when people say "sir" or "him".
    Androgyne Online

6. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The funny thing is, I know every single thing everybody is talking about, and it's like the core of every fibre of my being.

I want to look and present as androgynous and ambiguous as possible, and I think until I do, I'l have at least some degree of dysphoria.

Most of the time, I'm 50% male, 50% female. There are days, though rarely, when I feel more male than female, or vice-versa, but that percentage doesn't have a very big, or significant shift.

7. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    '

Hi,
    I don't have any body dysphoria, but in my case I have a quite slender, non-muscly body that is sort of androgynous in appearance, so the fact that I feel quite androgynous in terms of my mind and emotions, seems not to conflict with the body I've got right now. I just wanted to say, I can relate to the feeling of having no particular gender at all, of just feeling like a human being - and I like that, and to be honest I've generally felt like that throughout my entire life (although I've also often felt quite 'male', and more recently, have even felt 'feminine' at times, well that's how it feels to me, but my usual, 'default' state is simply, 'human being'), and now that I have concepts and words to talk about it with, I can finally express how beautiful it is to feel this way. :slight_smile:

8. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you to everyone who wrote in. It seems androgny is something very personal, and therefore hard to "box in." If anyone else would like to share their experiences I'd be happy to read them.

For a long time I thought I was transgendered, but I realized that masculinity didn't define me either. Even if I like guys clothes over womens....I am just being me!

9. MojoDojo

I tend to feel .... a bit male of center. Most of the time I prefer to present masculine, but sometimes I wonder if that's me overcompensating for my dysphoria about my chest. I feel if my appearance were more androgynous, than I would feel more comfortable expressing my feminine side.

I tend to associate as trans though - just because I have such strong dysphoria, and I do not identify as female in the slightest, I just don't happen to identify as male either.

It's hard for me to put into words.

10. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey MojoDojo,

Totally get the chest dysphoria. Some days are good, other days are horrible! And it is hard to put in words....

11. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hey.
    Well, I'm trigen, and it's a bit hard to describe... But basically for me that means I most often feel like a combination of female, male and third gender. I basically never feel 100% as any of the three, but there are definitely times when I feel more like one of them.
    For example, I feel very third gen when I'm in large social spheres e.g. parties, or when it's raining. I love rain :slight_smile:
    I feel female when reading, watching movies etc., I dunno, it's hard to describe.
    I feel male, well... sometimes ^^ I don't really know, it's generally quite fluid.
    So yeah, different surroundings and situations trigger different feelings, basically :slight_smile:

#11 Invidia, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  12. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Tomboyish woman for me. As much as I'd like male privileges, I'm too feminine and girly to be a boy and I don't really want to be a boy as much as I'd just like those privileges, too, do you get what I mean?

13. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't quite understand the privileges part. What do you mean exactly?