1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with the bad disphoric days?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by penta, Apr 3, 2015.

1. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Had a really awful day today, usually i'm not so affected by disphoria.
    But this Morning when i woke up after having a nice dream about being a girl i felt so awful..
    It was the first time i felt really disphoric about my gender.. and almost started to cry..
    I've put on some very girly clothes which usually makes me feel good about myself..but not today..
    The confusion about identifying gender actually got worse since i came out.
    But now there is this disphoric feeling also...
    I know the feeling of disphoria because i know i really hate body and facial hare but that is a problem which is easy to solve.
    The gender disphoria is another thing since it will be pretty impossible for me to transition because of medical reasons and this damn body..
    Will the disphoria get less over time? how do you people cope with these days?

:help:

2. Lazuri

I cope with dysphoria by playing video game's with customizable female characters. It actually helps. At least for me.

3. Jellal

I tend to play as female characters when I RP with my friends, and it always lifts my mood when I do.

4. Queero

I cope by doing a few different things on the days when it gets to "oh shit" levels.

I wear clothes that I'm really comfortable in, not necessarily masculine or feminine, just comfy clothes that don't draw any attention to my body when I look in the mirror.

The other thing I do is do things that take me out of myself, or that distract me from my dysphoria.

I write, or listen to music, sometimes both.

Sometimes when I'm feeling especially bad, I go out of the house, put on my noise cancelling headphones, so no voice dysphoria either, and scream along as loud as I want until I feel better.

If these aren't your things, I'd try finding a creative outlet, or something sufficiently distracting. Sometimes it helps me to watch really bad movies, so bad it's funny. I also eat a large amount of candy/desserts, but maybe that's not the best coping method...

(*hug*)

#4 Queero, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015