1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing With Dysphoria (Unable to Come Out)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cerulean Pirate, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Cerulean Pirate

I'm having a lot of anxiety right now, because I feel a lot of dysphoria but I know I can't come out. My parents are very unsupportive and I know that if I come out, they'll bully me every day about my nonbinary identity. Judging by some of the things my mom has said about trans people in the past, I'm legitimately concerned that she might kick me out of her apartment and force me to live with my dad. As you can probably tell, coming out isn't an option for me. But I have no idea how to deal with this dysphoria if I can't come out. I can't wear a binder, come out to my friends, change my pronouns, cut my hair short, or transition in any way without my parents finding out that I'm nonbinary. How can I deal with all this dysphoria if I can't transition?

2. Noel Luca

If you are of legal age you could move out, if not you could talk to your school councellor. I'm not sure about America, but in Britain you can talk to councellors about any problems you're having and they are legally not allowed to share what you're telling them without your permission.