1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For all my genderqueer friends <3

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Pret Allez, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    West Anderson, in "Transitioning While Non-Binary," writes:

I realize Anderson's contention about dysphoria and the nature of being transgender is controversial. But I think it's a lot more important to focus on the message that we are all valid, and we need to realize and do what's best for ourselves to be as comfortable as we can with the bodies we have.

For a long time, I've said "running is my transition," which is largely true. I think it's a lot more accurate for me to say it's the first phase of my transition. No other interventions make any sense at all until I'm near my ideal body weight. Besides, running makes me feel a lot more feminine, and it also makes me more confident that no matter how I'm gendered, people think I'm more of a beautiful person. And I think I'm a more beautiful person.

We need more people to remind us we're okay, and we are authentic enough. (*hug*)

~ Adrienne

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I can identify with zir broad take on transgenderism. It's not an on/off switch, but rather someone who rejects cis-normativity as an explanation of themselves.

I experienced something kind of weird yesterday. I saw some guys standing about in their soccer gear and I walked by them, casually throwing them a "Hello". I never heard what the first guy said, but a second guy said "No, that's not a girl". So apparently the first one mistook me! I've a "male" body, if you must. Stupid, simplified Biology ^^ so I don't think I've ever had that before! I mean, I wasn't even girl mode today, I had my hair in a "man bun" (CIS-NORMATIVITY, GOSH CURSE YOU!) and no facial makeup, only my nails. I was, however, rockin' this new coat (women's). And I do kind of walk with a "girly strut" sometimes ^^
    I didn't know what to think, really... It's not like it made me glad, I'm not a girl either... or rather I'm both, but not only a girl ^^
    I teetered on the edge of dysphoria for a while, but then it just never came. A third guy called me "dang pimp tho", which I don't know, I might take as some kind of complement ^^ <- I like that smiley face

and yes, we're all okay! beautiful of you to share this, it kind of put a little smile on my face today :slight_smile:

3. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Adrienne you are awesome(*hug*)

Thanks for sharing ^^

4. MojoDojo

We are all okay. And we're all beautiful. While I look in the mirror and see the wrong reflection and panic when I can see some cleavage under my shirts, I do realize that yes, I am enough.

I certainly am dysphoric though, and intend to transition surgically to be comfortable in my own skin. But I try to accept myself as who I am, now, and what I am becoming.