1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does Bigender mean to you?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LionHearted, Apr 7, 2015.

1. LionHearted

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello! I'm curious to see what different people know/think about bigender. I know it's relatively new, and I would like to know what it means to different people or what their understanding is of it. :slight_smile:

2. Noel Luca

I think bigender is when someone feels sometimes male and sometimes female. Sometimes they switch between the two because of certain circumstances, and sometimes it happens randomly.

3. ImaJen

It seems to me that bigender is where you are two genders at the same time. It can be any genders on the spectrum. You can sometimes lean towards one gender over the other, but that "other" one never fades completely. That's what I've understood anyway.

4. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    For me it's that sometimes I'm a guy and sometimes I'm a girl, but as you say, the other one doesn't completely go away.
    I can choose to change if I have to but I prefer to just go with what I'm feeling.

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bigender means having two genders, and it can mean switching between them or being both at the same time (or sometimes being both and sometimes switching between). It's definitely one of those terms which means different things to the different people who use it.

6. HarmfulLoverX

In my opinion, bi-gender is when you feel you are male one day and female another. And you might even dress up if you're feeling like a specific type of gender at days ^0^ :thumbsup: