1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning out the closet, literally...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RalphHenry, Apr 7, 2015.

1. RalphHenry

RalphHenry Guest

So, my mom begged me to clean out my huge closet and get rid of clothes too. I have finished cleaning, but the dreaded time to go through clothes has come. I'm only half way through choosing what to keep and throw out. I'm taking this opportunity to get rid of everything that is super girly and my dresses.

My closets is practically empty now. I'm getting depressed about it and my dysphoria is increasing by the minute. I'm happy that this makes room for me to rebuild my wardrobe to male, but this brings about the problem in my post from earlier today. My family is going to become suspicious if all I buy are guy clothes.

I had to take a break from looking at the clothes because I was getting uncomfortable. Today is a pretty rough day for my dysphoria. Usually I can just get through it, but it's hard to push it out of mind when you have to get rid of more than half of what is in your closets because it's the wrong gender. I have no idea what my mother is going to say when she gets home.

2. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These days really suck, disphoria is so hard..
    I have almost only male clothes and some of it i still want to wear but i want to look more androgynous so i have to buy a whole lot of new stuff which is difficult..
    Maybe you could just save some girly clothes for when you need to wear it but put it in a bag somewhere in the back of the closet.
    That way you don't have to see it all the time but still can save it..
    About buying the new clothes, just do it and be proud when you wear it!
    This is you and you have the right to be!