1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream Dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jellal, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Jellal

Anyone else irritated by going to sleep, only to dream shitty stressful dysphoria-inducing things? The whole time in my sleep I had people calling me "he" and calling me by my birth name, and it's not a good feeling. I know that a lot of the time people tend to dream about the stuff that stresses them out, but I'd like my sleep to be a time I can de-stress. Instead I wake up feeling a little more tired and more cranky. Which is not good.

Does anyone have any advice to help me sleep better? Maybe this is a question better suited for the general advice section because this could apply to sleep and stress in general ... guess I'm also just curious about whether or not other people have experienced these sorts of thoughts while they're asleep.

2. Queero

Benadryl.

Seriously. It's what I use when I really need to sleep and I can't. Make sure you don't have to do anything after you take it, because I know it makes some people go down right away.