1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so confused..

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by confusedjayd, Apr 7, 2015.

1. confusedjayd

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My name is DJ and I am 15 years old. I've been out of the closet about my sexuality, but lately I have been questioning my gender.

For most of my life I have always had fleeting thoughts about how I should've been a boy and things of that nature. These thoughts have been pushing themselves on me full-force lately and it's making me really confused, stressed out, and anxious.

The other night I was trying on some of my more masculine clothes and I just felt really happy, and I keep picturing myself as a true male and I just don't know what to do. I don't know if I'm gender fluid or something else. I don't know a lot about these types of things, but I'm doing a lot of research.

Additionally, whenever I wear dresses or the like I kind of feel like I'm forcing myself to do so. My mom is always telling me to put on makeup and everything (strictly because she LOVES her eyeliner haha), but it makes me upset because I just can't get myself to do it and when I do I feel like I'm not doing it for myself. These feelings have just started to surface, while the thoughts about how much better off I would be as a male have been floating through my mind since I can remember.

I'm just really confused and I'm not sure what to do... Thank you for any advice! (*hug*)

2. Noel Luca

From what you've written it does sound like you're trans, although you're the only one who can really determine that. You'll just have to keep exploring your feelings and one day you'll know for sure.