1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure if I want to be a girl.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by UnderTheRainbow, Apr 7, 2015.

1. UnderTheRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay, about me. I live in San Antonio Texas with 4 siblings, my mom, and my stepdad. Lately,i have been questioning my being a girl. I have already told my family that I am a lesbian. I keep telling myself that it is just hormones, I'm too young etc.,etc. last Easter, I did not want to wear a dress but my mom made me. I hate dresses, boobs, periods, sitting down to pee, and all of that other stuff that comes with being born a female. I want to be a male. I am afraid of asking to wear all boy's clothes or telling the that I don't feel like I AMA girl. My family was completely accepting with me being a lesbian, but I feel that this would be very different. What should I do?:tears::help:

2. Jellal

First things first: analyze this feeling you have about "wanting to be a male." What does that mean for you? Does it mean changing your looks on a surface level? Does it mean a complete and total overhaul of your body's sex? Does it mean changing how other people perceive you and interact with you?

This is the very first step. If you don't do this, you will have a hard time knowing what kind of desire you are expressing, and what changes it would demand of you if you followed it.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    (upwards arrow) what she said.
    You do certainly sound like you might be trans somehow. I'd recommend you take some good time, sit down and really think, as calmly as you can, about who you are and who you want to be. :slight_smile:
    You can wall me if you need anything! See ya <3

4. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Give it some time, try to experiment a bit with some good friends around.

5. Queero

Welcome.

Some questions that might be helpful (based off of my experiences). This isn't some sort of test or anything, but it might be helpful to get you started.

How do you feel when you have a list of genders, like when you're supposed to choose one?

How do you feel when someone refers to you and one or more of your female friends as "ladies"?

Who are some people you think "I want to be like them when I'm older"?

How do you feel when you look at yourself, such as when you're in the shower?

How do you see yourself in a relationship? {for example I see myself as a guy with a guy}

How do you wish other people saw you? Do you wish people would see you as a guy?

I hope this helps you, it helped me.

6. UnderTheRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I guess I want to give birth one day possibly but that may just bebecause I have a large family. I love all of my step dad's clothes, as in want to have them and wear them. I boast about my boobs that are big for my age but that is just sibling rivalry. I hate the what gender are you questions and want to just answer them

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say do some self exploration and experimenting. It can't hurt to try different stuff out to see how you feel. I know when I tried binding for the first time, it felt so right for me.

8. MojoDojo

The only way you can really find out what feels right, is to explore your thoughts, maybe experiment a bit. I never thought I'd bind until I tried it, and it just felt ... like I was looking at me in the mirror.

When you experiment, do it with close friends, people who you can trust.

9. UnderTheRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What are some ways to bind?

10. MojoDojo

I would suggest buying a binder. Underworks or gc2b both sell binders that are fairly well reviewed, so I hear. All of which are cheaper than the price of a bra. There are other companies, but I haven't heard much about them.

Personally, I use the underworks 997 binder, though I have big hips so it bunches up if I don't fold it up.

11. RainbowsMama

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Once upon a time, there was a teenager whose very best friend in the whole world came out at a time when it wasn't really safe to do so. When he got to college, he decided to live as a woman. His best friend didn't even think of not being his best friend. Mumble years later, the now-30-something woman isn't fazed at all by gender identity questions, though she feels like absolute shit if she gave her daughter the wrong impression as far as that goes. The daughter is perfectly welcome to shop exclusively in the boys' section from now on if she wants, and her mother strongly suggests Googling the terms Genderqueer and gender-fluid. There's a lot more to gender expression than male vs. female.

12. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are websites that sell binders like LoveBoat, GC2b and Underworks. Amazon and eBay have some, but I'd say to avoid the super cheap binders because they can hurt you. If you can't afford a binder, sports bras can work. Some websites do binder giveaways (such as Point5cc) and some people om tumblr give theirs away when they no longer need them.

Just never use tape, ace bandages or stomach compressors. I learned my lesson with the last one years ago and it stopped me from binding for several months until I was able to buy a high quality binder. GC2b and Underworks might be your best bet in terms of price (their binders look great, and are wonderful), but if you got a lot of money to throw around, LoveBoat is amazing.