1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to convince mum I'm not trying to be someone else

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Noel Luca, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Noel Luca

So I recently had a discussion with my mum over whether or not I should be allowed to get a binder, when she told me to stop trying to be someone else. She told me my genitals are female so I am female and I should accept it. Changing my name and gender would be like trying to be someone else, which she's wanted to do multiple times in her life, but I should try to get over it. She also said that the hormonal explanation for being trans is nonsense, and refuses to believe it.
    Do you know anything I could do to change her mind?
    Thank you!

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I've heard of parents really being mind-blown when shown documentaries or similar about trans children; when the experts in the field say it, parents often listen.
    Noone has as good insight into your own self as you. If there's a boy there, then you are a boy.
    take care <3

3. Jellal

Just a heads up, you may not be able to convince her anytime soon.

My mom is the exact same way, unfortunately. Since I have other people who support me who I'm out to, I've just decided to stop trying to convince her and do as I will. And if she has a problem with it, well at the end of the day it's my life, my body, my gender. And imma do me