1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very, very confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by fragileflame, Apr 9, 2015.

1. fragileflame

I have recently begun questioning my gender...because I have been having A LOT of body dysphoria I guess I would call it...and I found myself binding (please dont yell at me) with an ace bandage. Despite it hurting like hell after a bit, i felt so much more like myself...idk...this is scary for me and im so confused. sorry if this is offensive or anything idk

---------- Post added 9th Apr 2015 at 11:44 PM ----------

I should also add that it isn't always like this...some days I really like my boobs...idk...

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, no one's going to yell at you, and no one's mad, but I'm going to urge you to never bind with an ace bandage again. It's a completely understandable thing to try when you have limited resources and when you're questioning your gender, but it's very dangerous. Try layering sports bras (one or both a size too small, one worn backwards; both being too small will be more effective, but if it hurts, don't do it. Any binding method that hurts can cause damage, and that can be serious).

If you have dysphoria, you're probably trans. Not a lot of cis people have dysphoria. But if you end up IDing as cis, that's totally valid too.

Not having dysphoria on some days doesn't necessarily mean genderfluid, but it's a label to consider. Do you feel like your gender changes? On the days when you like your boobs, do you feel like a girl? On the days when you don't, do you feel like a boy (or nonbinary)?

You could also be a trans guy whose dysphoria fluctuates. That's quite common.

Really, here are the questions to ask yourself, and they're not easy to answer:
    How do you feel on the inside? Does it feel right to call yourself a girl? How about a boy? If neither of those are right, look into nonbinary identities.
    How do you want to be seen and treated?
    What pronouns feel comfortable?

3. Jellal

Well if some days it bothers you more than others, you should think more specifically about what bothers you when it does, and why you aren't strongly bothered at other times. Questioning means thinking hard, if you're going to get somewhere with your questions.