1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused (surprise!)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Sonic, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Sonic

Sonic Guest

I have a complicated story to tell. For those of you who feel like reading a complicated story and want to give out any advice, feel welcome :slight_smile:

I was raised by a mother who behaved more like a father. She dressed like a man (which is fine), but she was also loud, violent, and a bully to me and my dad (who was more like the silent submissive type).

This has caused confusion since I can remember. I was never very gender-defined either, but I did not want to "become my mom" (because of her shitty example). So I thought I just had to accept my 'femininity'.

But the thing is, I hate 'femininity'. Some days, that particularly translates to hating my own body to the point where I wish I could get rid of three particularly obnoxious body parts. But also, I don't think I would be comfortable being a guy.

I feel more like an "it", genderfluid, neither man nor woman, yet both at the same time. I have no idea how to deal with this newly ambiguous category. So I am wondering how other genderfluid people deal with it. Do you have any advice for me?

Thanks.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gende...9807-figuring-out-my-gender-identity-s.html#4

And you might remember its a process... so I'd say take your time... do a few things you like, and see how that makes you feel... like changing hair and clothing style a bit..

you might think about looking for a gender therapist... someone who has experience with gender matters, to guide you along the way... you might ask at the next lgbt centers near you for a referral or for counseling, for example... well and if you feel they are not helpful just look for another...

hugs