1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i probably transsexual if i want to crossdress

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anon991, Apr 14, 2015.

1. anon991

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Im not always like this but sometimes I see women wearing beautiful clothes or I see a stunning outfit that I really want to wear. There are other times where I secretly use my sister's make up or secretly get women's clothes to wear. Even though I go through periods where I feel intensely like a woman, I'm not totally sure whether that means I'm transsexual. What do you guys think?

2. Jellal

At what times do you feel like a woman? Are there specific behaviors, situations, perceptions that contribute to that feeling?

3. Queero

Well, just wanting to wear women's clothes does not make you trans. I can wear a trench coat and a deerstalker, and that might indicate I want to be a detective, but that could just be what I like to wear. This falls under gender and personal Expression, not really Identity.

But you say you go trough times where you "feel intensely like a woman", what do you mean by this?

Do you go through times where you wish people would see you as a woman, call you by female pronouns, etc.?

4. anon991

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When I do want to dress up in women's clothes, I usually feel horrible being a male body and I go through moments where I wish I had female body parts

---------- Post added 14th Apr 2015 at 08:44 AM ----------

If I see other beautiful women, I usually feel intensely jealous and I imagine myself as a woman.

5. Queero

Okay, well then I'd say that you fall somewhere under the huge umbrella that is trans*.

Different people have different ideas of what falls under this trans* umbrella.

Here's one I found a while ago on the internet:
    [​IMG]

It's pretty broad, I don't know if I would. And I don't think genderfluid is on there.

But it gives you a look at how different people under this umbrella can identify.

So, you feel occasionally dysphoric about your body. Do you feel any social dysphoria ever?

Welcome to EC!

6. anon991

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the message, and no I don't usually feel socially dysphoric, I mainly feel dysphoric about my body

7. Queero

You're welcome!

Don't feel too rushed in trying to figure this out, take as long as you need.

It started with clothes for me, and then body and social dysphoria hit after that.

8. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well a cross-dresser and trans-sexual are different things. Enjoy women's clothing and wanting to explore the genderness of the clothing does not necessarily make you a trans-sexual. Most Transsexuals enjoy the clothing just like most females do but not in the same way I do. Meaning to them it is just the clothing that a woman would wear and they are a woman in mind and body, the clothing just assists in that presentation.

A cross-dresser just enjoys the clothing because heck I dont know why I do but I do...LOL

Hope I explained it correctly.

9. Folieadeux

(I'm a binary trans guy, so take what I say with a grain of salt)
    Maybe you could be some non-binary gender or gender-fluid, etc.?
    Normally, I wouldn't think that if you just wanted to cross dress that you would be trans, but that depends. Do you just like the clothing? If that's the case, you may not necessarily be trans. If you identify with women and feel that you are a woman, and want to dress this way to be perceived as a woman or feminine, than you might be!

There's really a lot of different ways to come at this, but in the end it is how you feel!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

10. DarkWolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    The way I see it is if you want to be a woman in woman's clothes, then you are probably trans* but if you want to be a man in woman's clothes, then you are a crossdresser.

And it sounds like to me that you meet more of case A then case B but perhaps I am wrong.

I know before I was trans* I always fancied the idea of wearing nice suits and ties but it wasn't until I realized I wanted to be male-bodied in a suit that I realized I was trans*. I, too, don't experience much social dysphoria, mostly physical dysphoria.