1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are ways to bind?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by UnderTheRainbow, Apr 14, 2015.

1. UnderTheRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What are some ways to bind? I want to experiment with binding, but I don't know how.

2. kai397

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    But a binder on amazon there like 5-10$

---------- Post added 14th Apr 2015 at 09:19 PM ----------

Buy*

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A cheap binder works, although they tend to wear out quickly. Right now, since I can't get a quality binder, I bind with 2 tight sports bras.

4. UnderTheRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would advise against the cheap amazon binders. They are not designed for everyday wear, and they could damage your body.

6. Folieadeux

Hey!

Here are just a few ways that I can think of from the top of my head;

- If you take a camisole with that extra bit of fabric (that wraps around your chest), and if you turn it backwards and roll up the tank top part, it compresses slightly (I haven't had much luck with this, but you can try!)

- Sports bras! If you take one or two, it can compress quite well. I've never done it, but I think if you put them on backwards, it compresses more?

- In the end, it may be best to do your research and invest in a proper binder (Underworks is great), but it can be quite pricey. There are lots of giveaways on sites like tumblr and such, but they are often specifically for trans or non binary people, so I'm not sure if you would be eligible (if you don't label yourself as trans)

Of course, if you just want to see what you would look like with a flatter chest, you could try and wear a baggy shirt or hoodie and maybe change your body posture so your chest isn't as apparent? That's what I do when I can't wear my binder.

Here are just a few ways! I'm sure if you google it, you'll be able to find these ideas in more detail, and also find additional ways to do it.
    Good luck, and stay safe! (never use ace bandages or duct tape!!!)

7. UnderTheRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow, thanks.

I know not to use an ace bandage, or whatever it is called.
    If it hurts, take it off.
    Do not wear it for a long time.

I hve done a little research on binders. :icon_bigg

8. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Brad is right. The cheap binders you find on Amazon are not very safe. They're okay as temporary options (until you can get something better) if you're really careful, but you have to make sure you can always breathe easily and take it off if it ever hurts.

Folieadeux is full of good suggestions. The camisole binding works for small chested people. Layering sports bras is a very common method. I've heard you should wear one forwards and one backwards for the best compression.

There's one method where you cut the legs off of a pair of tights that are a bit small on you and use that for binding. Apparently if it's a bad material and/or too tight it can hurt (in which case you shouldn't do it), but what's worked for me is soft tights that aren't too tight and wearing a sports bra over it because it's not that much compression on its own.

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suggest the sports bra method for something cheap and quick, unless you can afford a binder from a place like GC2B or Underworks.

As we speak, Point5cc is doing a binder giveaway program for those in critical need of a binder. All you do is pay the shipping and they'll send you one for free.