1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for some Tips for Passing

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CapQuestionmark, Apr 15, 2015.

1. CapQuestionmark

I'm a closeted Homosexual Trans*male who lives in a small town in the southern part of America, so my outward projection of my true self is kind of a challenge...

I'm slowly becoming more aware of some of the other gay guys at my school, who are out of the closet, but not very explicit about it... and I want to connect with them, but I am really fearful of rejection. If you have ever seen the last post I made, you know that I've had trouble with other gay guys shooting me down for even so much as talking to them. Thankfully I have one guy who still likes to talk to me, but I know he has a bit of a hard time trying to treat me like one of his other guy friends...

*sigh* So, that's why I'm asking for tips on passing; to try and, at least, relieve some of this awkwardness from around me.
    I already dress masculinely, and I don't bind (I actually have rather large breasts, but they don't really bother me or make me upset; they're just kind of there, and sometimes get in the way...), a lot of my close friends know and try their hardest to treat me accordingly, which I love!

Also, other than tips on appearances, any other sort of tips for passing (ways to act, certain hints to drop, how to get him to understand, etc.) would also be extremely helpful.
    Thanks so much! ^.^

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The FTM's Complete Illustrated Guide to Looking Like a (Hot) Dude

One of the best FTM guides out there. Gabriel's great at communicating his ideas and thoughts on passing... Check it out, you will probably find some helpful things.

About your friend relationships... Are they transphobic? If so, I'd suggest not to associate with them.