1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you call this?? Genderqueer, transgender, transsexual??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by passionthief13, Apr 16, 2015.

1. passionthief13

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was born female but have always been more masculine than feminine and recently I realized that quite a while ago i started to feel uncomfortable in my body because it's a girl's body. I do want to have a boy's body. (I do like boys, however.)

What the heck do you call that?? I'm confused!!

2. Folieadeux

If you want to be viewed as male by the public/don't like being called 'feminine' things like woman, ma'am, etc. plus other similar things (like how you want a 'male' body), then you very well might be a transgender/transmasculine person! :slight_smile:
    How do you view yourself in 10 years time?

I can't really gather too many conclusions based on the small amount of info, but you could also be some non-binary gender, but as I am not, someone else may be able to help more?

(also, regarding your sexual orientation, if you identify as a guy and like guys, then you would be gay)

Good luck finding out who you are! Take your time and feel free to ask lots of questions to us and also to yourself.

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it feels right for you to ID as male, then you would be a gay trans guy, as Folieadeux said. If that doesn't feel right, give us more details and we can help you further.

From the options in your title, this means you could claim the label transgender or transsexual (since you describe wanting a "boy's body"), or both. Transsexual is less commonly used because it tends to sound more medical, but is definitely a valid label to claim if putting the focus on dysphoria and physical transition feels right for you.

4. hermi39

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You are definitely not alone in this confusion. It sounds like you would possible identify as a being gay and transgender. Gender and sexuality is a spectrum, talking to someone like a gender therapist could help you find out where on that spectrum you feel you are at this time. Best of luck!