1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am positive i am cis male

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DylanV14, Apr 16, 2015.

1. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I didn't know where to post this. I don't know why but it feels like people think because I'm only 13 that I can't know who I am and you know that really sucks. My friends seem to think I am trans because they went through my phone today and saw that I was researching info on gender identity and saw my posts on here. I try telling them i was just curious that I know I'm a boy I'm not transgender but they say I'm too young to know that... So what because Im just a kid I can't be positive about my gender identity. I know I'm still llearning about my sexuality but my gender identity is something I'm sure of now that I'm a little more informed. I don't know how to tell the girls they are hurting me and they are making me cry. It's not like them to be like this.

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry about what they have to say. Many kids have an idea of (if not know) what gender they are by the time they are five years old, and many transgender children often do know what gender they are before 13, the same as with cisgender children. If you are secure in your gender identity, just shrug off what they have to say. If you want to put it into perspective for them you can try to ask them how they know they aren't transgender either. Once they realize that they can be secure in their gender identity at that age they know you are too. If they are hurting your feelings over this, you can also explain how them questioning you is hurting your self esteem in the same way it would hurt if they questioned your sexuality.

I hope this helped some. :slight_smile:

3. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's just they saw where I said I like being one of the girls but I guess they didn't see why I did. I like it because it shows they love and trust me and we are close enough that the include me in everything no matter how personal not because I want to be a girl. I know they worry about me because of bullies and depression. I love that about them. I just wish they trusted me that I know who I am.

#3 DylanV14, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Your friends are at that age where it's "cool" to say certain words, like they're the first to have ever said it. Many folks at your age also, for all kinds of reasons, take to picking on others to forget about their own problems, which can come from growing up.

Just take care of yourself and your life. Your friends will, later on, realize how awesome you are. In the meantime, they're just wanting to discover themselves, and many folks, during that self-discovery, take to segregating and picking on others.

It's dumb, yes, but that's how it usually goes.

You seem like a smart fellow, so, don't let folks bring you down too much. Kids at your age could benefit from somebody like you.

5. anonym

anonym Guest

Well, when I was your age I didn't even give my gender identity a second thought which in the long run has turned out to be a bad thing because I could have realised I was trans and transitioned sooner. It's actually a good sign to question or think about your gender in my opinion because it shows you are self aware and thinking about who you are.

6. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    But I have though and I did my research and I'm not transgender I'm very happy to be a boy and now it seems on here people can't see that I'm sure that I'm not I'm not transgender... I'm not gonna experiment with transgenderism anymore because when I do it feels wrong like I'm trying to be someone I'm not... I thought on here I could a little more support and that people might think I know at least a little about myself. :tears:

7. Chriswe

Everyone is different. Therefore everyone thinks about these things at different ages, and with that we learn things. You know you're a cis guy - and that's the only thing that matters. I know people will be people, so I can't tell you it'll be over in a week, but you will grow stronger. I think the girls are just new to this and are most likely a bit nervous, so maybe you could sit down with them and explain what you meant. Almost everyone around us is uneducated about gender I general so trust me, this is not uncommon.

As long as you know who you are, screw the haters.

8. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im sorry I'm not trying to sound whiney it's just with everything that has happened I'm an emotional wreck

9. Im Hazel

If you are refering to me, I keep asking about transgenderism with you because you keep making threads involving the matter. As long as you make threads saying you are wondering about it, we will keep trying to help you with it. And that means considering all possibilities.

10. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry jack I'm not referring to you or anyone I'm just going through a lot and I'm little volatile emotionally and if I do snap or anything sorry I know you are just trying to help and I'm sorry if I upset you or anyone else

11. Im Hazel

Ok, that's fine. I am not angry or anything. All I want to do is help, and unless people tell me everything (or at least enough), then I can't do anything.

12. Chriswe

It's totally fine to be emotional. :slight_smile:
    Everyone has their ups and downs in life I guess...

13. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's normal to be feeling distressed when people don't believe you about things concerning yourself. I feel that way when people say I should be cisgender when I know I'm not. Seems to be kinda the same thing but the other way around. If your friends keep pestering you about it, ask them if they're sure of their gender. They probably are. Ask it right back at them, "Aren't YOU too young to know for sure then?" or something like that. Hopefully they'll get it then.

14. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That sounds mean though I hate being mean especially to girls... Sometimes girls are the only people nice to me. I talked to them and they said they were so sorry and they never meant to hurt me... That I'm to sweet to hurt(whatever that means) and we hugged it out(I love hugs)... Anyways we are all good now.

15. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Identity policing is never okay. I know plenty of cis folk who are more knowledgeable regarding gender issues than many trans I know (they're also usually feminists, and pro-LGBT)! Plenty of gay men get the whole "You want to be women" or "You're basically women" from ignorant people of all sexualities and genders, unfortunately, but I can tell you there's a world of difference between a feminine gay man and say, a trans woman.

There's still a lot of time to figure yourself, life, and your place in the world.

16. anonym

anonym Guest

I don't think I explained myself clearly. I wasn't saying that you're not sure whether you're transgender. What I meant was, it's good that you have thought about your gender identity at such a young age. You have thought about who you are which is more than I ever did.

I guess what I'm saying is, you've questioned your gender and decided you are a boy. It's better that you know that now rather than always wondering and being afraid to face the idea you might be transgender. Now you can move on and have confidence in yourself as a boy. I don't see why people should have a problem with that. You're not the first member to wonder if you might be transgender and then decide it's not right for you.

#16 anonym, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015