1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surgical Options?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ForAlgea, Apr 17, 2015.

1. ForAlgea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, today I just got my letter to start testosterone:slight_smile: but, even though I have a year before I can actually get any surgeries my therapist recommends that I start researching my options more thoroughly now. Given my own personal dysphorias I'm thinking that a Phaloplasty would be the best for me, however I know that there can be a lot of complications with the surgery. Plus, my therapist says that with testosterone certain parts of the female anatomy grow to the point of being capable of penetration. So, considering my own personal anatomy, which is...um...let's say more endowed than the average female bodied person, a Metoidioplasty might be a more practical option for me. So, I was wondering if any of you who have had any type of surgery (top, bottom, or both) could share some of your personal experiences and thoughts on them? I think it would be very useful for me to hear about these things from people who have actually been through them:slight_smile:

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are people on Youtube who have vlogs talking about their personal experience with bottom surgery that might be of interest. There's also a book called Hung Jury, which is has a series of stories of guys talking about their experiences with the subject matter--both on meta and phallo I think.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. ForAlgea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you,I will check these out.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem. Hudson's Guide is great because they're constantly updating the site. Other places like Susan's and Laura's Playground have great resources too.