1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Names

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Im Hazel, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Im Hazel

Hello. So I am now pretty much OK with my gender identity, and am starting to come out to people. So I think I would like to choose a female name. It seems like a logical step. So, I have thought about this a bit and chosen some names I like. My surname is two syllables, begins with "C" and ends in "ton". So, in no particular order:

• Cadence - I like it, but it alliterates with my surname. That sounds kind-of bad to me.
    • Hazel - Probably my favourite, but it sounds a little odd.
    • Evelyne - I really like this, but one of my grandad's friends has a wife called this, and she is dieing, so it seems disrespectful.
    • Avalynne - Like above, but French. It seems less disrespectful, but still a little off. Plus, it's really uncommon in england.
    • Eva - A bit too short, but I like it as a nickname (hence Evelyne.)
    • Kaya - I don't know why I don't like it, but I don't. But, also, I do.
    • Gaia - A bit uncommon, and also it seems slightly pretentious to name yourself after a God.
    • Lilly - What my mom would have named me if I were born a girl. (Apart from my sister's name.) It's an option, but I'm not big on it.

So any ideas? Is is anything good? Bad? Any ideas along the same lines.

2. Yesnomaybe

Hazel doesn't sound weird at all!!! I also like avalynne a lot too! Good luck finding a name ☺️

3. Im Hazel

Thanks. :slight_smile: I think Hazel is a really pretty name, but it just sounds a little weird. I am not sure why. I think most names are a bit like that, so I will probably just go with it unless there is another one I like more.

It's also worth noting that the reason I have kept my username like this is because I want to know my IRL name first.

4. Acm

Acm Guest

I think Hazel sounds nice.

5. SpiritEnergy

Hazel - Is the best one here.
    Gaia - I love Greek mythology. I think is cool. :slight_smile:
    Lilly - Is my favorite girl name and I think is very special that you would choose that name, for if you were a girl that would have been your name, but your sister's name is that, so it would be weird if you chose the name name as her.

6. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I quite like Lilly. Hazel is nice too. I knew a girl called Kayla which is similar to Kaya. I really liked the name.

7. Folieadeux

I think Hazel is a really nice name!

8. Im Hazel

No, my sister's name is not Hazel. I meant that my mom would have called me (sister's name) as her first choice. Her second name choice for me if I were a girl would be Lilly. And I think I might go with Hazel. Both my parents like it, and I do too. So it's probably between Hazel and Lilly at this point. Thanks for posting, everyone! :slight_smile: