1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by GayNurse95, Apr 17, 2015.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey…
    I am trying to overcome emotion and stop negativity from getting to me…
    Unfortunatly, I sometimes get hurt by people and I cry…
    I don't know whats wrong with me.. but I think I cry too much for a guy… I think Im too weak. I don't want these making me weak. All the other trans* guys are fine, they just deal with it and move on, they can get though it… So, why am I weak? Why do I cry once a month from people hurting me and letting emotions getting to me? Am I worthy of being a man if I'm just a sissy? How can I stop being such a wuss and stop crying? How can I just deal with it like every other guy?
    please help...

2. Queero

I don't think that's true. I'm a guy, and while my main emotional reaction is anger (which I think is just my default emotion, and is a personal issue), I cry over the stupid, hurtful things people do and say myself. And I'm not ashamed, it hurts, to be called "ma'am" in public, to be told to "sit with the other girls". It hurts, and sometimes when something hurts bad enough, you cry.

Unless you're bursting into tears randomly in public or something like that I think you're absolutely fine.

#2 Queero, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  3. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think something is wrong…
    I cry when people gt angry at me… and I look like an ignoramus. an idiot.
    Before I know it, I'll probably be banned from here. I never know. I was saving lives in one place… then a man snapped... then I cried, and I was told to not be so pathetic. Stop acting like a child. Grow up…
    I thought I could trust them and they would understand, I guess I did deserve it. I am shamed to be here and be called "human". because of the stupid emotions, I got banned. I was barred from being a leader. If I want to be one, I am well on the path, then I cry and I have it taken. I hate these.. I hate being so pathetic and weak. if someone hurts me I try not to cry but I break, and I lose one of my hopes. It made me weak as a kid, and I was punished for crying, maybe for good reason, because it means trouble. How can I get rid of this and not be so stupid?
    Why am I like this and how do I stop breaking down and crying when people hurt me? Why am I so weak?
    because of it, people don't trust me and they turn away. and I have to start from square one. These idiotic break downs make me lose people. I fish they would stop.

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You may have anxiety, or something similar to it. I know I have a very hard time fighting back tears a lot of the time, whether it's because of stress, or because I'm listening to a piece of music that really gets me because of its message or it just sounds so damn cool.

You have to remember that crying is actually a good thing. It helps you get what you need out. Otherwise, you mentally break. So despite what society says, science says it's better to cry.

5. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I fear tears,
    and yes, I have anxiety, PTSD, depression and ADD.
    I can't afford therapy.

6. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One doesn't become strong, overnight. It's a very progressive thing. I think it's impossible to (seemingly) stop all negativity from getting to one, without risking emotional numbing. It's a positive sign that you're able to experience strong emotions. In the long-term, emotional numbness, is dangerous for health.

Very human.

It's pretty obvious that you have concerns about masculinity. Many cis guys are also worried about masculinity.

Some trans guys are fine, and other trans guys aren't so fine. I understand why you might think otherwise. When people are feeling down, that can twist their perceptions.

It can take tremendous strength to admit that one requires help.

Only once per month? I cry around once or twice per week.

You're worthy of being called a man, because you are a man. Pretty simple really. When I was a child, "sissy" is what we called boys who were lacking in courage and/or willingness to engage in utter stupidity, but mostly the latter, lol. I think the word you're looking for is "sensitive."

Now you're calling yourself a "wuss." This is a form of self-bullying. I want to see you be more merciful with yourself. Tell yourself it's okay to feel weak because we're only human. Like Ryuichi says, it's more healthy, to be able to cry.

As for what to do about it, well, what I do is simply admit that I'm feeling bad, allow myself to cry because it's part of the healing process, and then I usually feel a bit better. The main thing is to pick yourself up again. Somethings things have to get worse before they get better.

7. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do I trust people again and how do I avoid looking like an idiot?

8. ctrl alt delete

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    first off there is nothing "wrong" with you. there is never any right or wrong way to feel unless your taking your feelings out on someone else. i hope no one here made you feel that way (*hug*)

i think if someone snapped at you before for being sensitive and trying to help they were very wrong. i know you probably won't believe this but in my experience guys are as sensitive and as needing of love and understanding as any other gender. some people do find ways of suppressing what they see as "bad or negative" emotions but usually those emotions come out in other ways like addiction or anger issues.

i think maybe you have some issues with self worth? or maybe i'm wrong, but i just got that impression from some of the things you were saying like how you thought you were weak . your experience and your emotions are as valid and as needed as the next persons. this isn't a criticism as nearly everyone in the west struggles with self worth issues.

please don't be afraid to express your emotions here where it's safe and people understand (&&&)

9. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I trust different people to various degrees. I read the situation and I'm an excellent judge of character. Sometimes you're still going to get screwed over, especially if you're too kind. I'll remove anyone from my life, if they fuck me over. Sometimes I give second chances, but no third chances.

We all look like idiots sometimes. I hate making mistakes. I might try to make a joke. The main thing is to move on. Remember we're going to have awesome moments as well as the not so awesome moments. If you're talking about turning into an emotional basket case, in public, well, most people aren't comfortable with that. I only allow myself to cry in private. If the crying is literally uncontrollable, there is probably another concern.

10. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would never cry in public. Never.
    I have some control of it, and I try to hold it as much as possible.
    I'd never lose control.

11. Lazuri

Emotions are all chemistry. It's not really something you can help, but it is also nothing you can be blamed for.

12. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I think nothing is wrong with you and to be in touch with your feelings and express them is a hallmark of true strength.

13. ByAnyOtherName

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    And if not health, then social life. Due to my situation growing up, I took to numbing myself emotionally to get by. Years after the fact, I'm still fighting against that habitual numbness. Smiling still feels unnatural, and tears can be difficult. I've gotten better, but it's still frustrating.

#13 ByAnyOtherName, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015