1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what to bind with

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ktr123, Apr 18, 2015.

1. ktr123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    hello there i'm a ftm i'm only 14 and i can't get a binder or anything i not come out to my mum or dad and i fell as if i'm not ready i need some binding tips my chest is making me fell really gross and it makes for really bad gender dysphoria

2. Folieadeux

Hey!

So, I'm assuming you can't get a proper binder because you're not out to your parents, but there is still a few things you could do that will compress;

- If you have a camisole with that extra piece of fabric that covers/offers support to your chest, you can turn the camisole around, and put the elastic part (bottom) of the extra fabric part about 1/2-3/4 down your chest

- I've never done this, but you can also wear two sports bras, but put one of them on backwards

- I think that you can even make a make-shift binder with leggings or stockings? You may want to Google that though cause I haven't done it

- If you are out to any of your friends, you could also try and ask them if they could help you get a binder, by shipping one to their house so you can pick it up at school from them or something

- Tumblr and other places also have lots of binder giveaways for trans people, so if you enter, you could have a chance to get one (but again, you may need to get it shipped to a friends house)

Here are some options! I'm sure there is a lot more options, but these are what I can think of from the top of my head.
    Good luck! :')

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sports bras are pretty inexpensive and might be the best option if you're on a budget and don't want your parents to find out. Just don't use anything like ace bandages or tape because they can do you a lot of harm.

What I will say is that if you're able to get a friend to cover for you, the site Point5cc has a binder giveaway program and gives binders to those in need for free. The only thing that would need to be covered is the shipping, but that's about it. As Ashton said, there are people on tumblr who are selling their binders or having giveaways or raffles where you can win one. It's so worth taking a look into if you're able to.