1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hairstyles?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Par, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm biologically male so I currently have short hair, but I want to grow it so I can be happier as both a guy and a girl. So far my mum has rejected every style I've shown her, any advice?

2. M104

M104 Guest

Are there any reasons given for the rejection?

3. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She says they're too feminine basically

4. M104

M104 Guest

Not sure what your mom's reasoning is behind dictating what hairstyle you can have, I would ask if she finds it acceptable for her hair stylist to decide how she can have her hair done. Of course I feel that would lead to trouble :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Is there anything by chance that you can do with shorter hair that could meet your needs?

5. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not sure, I definitely want it longer than it is now, but I don't know how long I can go before it becomes 'too long'

6. Im Hazel

I have had long hair all my life. (Since long before I realized my gender identity.) If you keep it in a biker's ponytail or medium length without tucking it behind your ears, it looks masculine. I don't have photos, but I am sure you can imagine. :slight_smile: