1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing hurts more

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Par, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My parents just said to me "No matter how you feel you're not a girl"
    Which means not only do they not accept me, they also don't understand that 'bigender' is not wanting to be a girl, it's wanting to be two genders.

2. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow I'm sorry they feel that way. Is this new to them? Quite often people close to us, parents especially, require more time to get used to things. Unfortunately some of the things they say can be rather hurtful. I think most of the time they don't mean to hurt us at least, but it still does. I know that the worst thing is when someone close to you like parents or family says that your identity doesn't exist. Or that it's sinful somehow. That's what I usually get.

#2 Ronin, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  3. DragKing692

I'm sorry you're going through all this. My dad tries to convince me that I'm not a lesbian sometimes, but that's because he's not used to it, not because he's homophobic or anything. Many parents want a heteronormal atmosphere for their children, and perhaps that is the case. Or maybe they have other reasons for acting like this. Either way, you're an adult, and I think you're old enough to decide who you are. Good luck, and message me if you need anything.
    Best wishes,
    Bernie

4. Im Hazel

Yeah, my mom said something like that to me yesterday. It turns out that she didn't know that sex, sexuality, gender identity and gender expression are different things. Even though I had already told her. Multiple times. So keep on it, and they may change their mind. But as Drag King, you're an adult now. It's your business, and your business alone.