1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what to do about...certain AFAB female things

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Matto_Corvo, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So...It's that miserable time of the month for me :slight_smile:icon_redf) and I'm just...I'm just not sure what to do about it or how to feel about it.
    I never really could stomach them and since I have come question my gender I find it even worse. I know birth control can help, but I have always shudder at the thought of using. Not only because I'm not out having sex but because I don't like the idea of gaining weight from it.
    When it comes to medical things for my female bits I tend to pale and try to find a way to back out. I am 23 and have never have a mammogram and the last time I had a pap smear I was 13 (required by state as part of the investigation against my dad for child molestation). Back then I remember it being the most uncomfortable and unbearable thing that I had to sit through. I actually ended up crying, which made the whole thing worse. I fear the day when I am left with no choice but to get one.
    Anything having to deal with this causes me so much anxiety. I know I need to do something about my periods, and other things but I just hate it so much.

2. Thingymajing

I've heard amaaaazing things about diva cups, especially from afabs with dysphoria. They are apparently super comfortable and you don't even notice it there, and they only have to be emptied very infrequently and so you don't have to think about it.

As for the exams, perhaps ring up some LGBT therapy or support groups in your local area and ask if they know of any "lady doctors" who are used to dealing with non-cis afabs. If you know that your examiner is aware of you not being cis, maybe you will fear it less?

Anyways, I hope I helped in some small way :slight_smile: