1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by thewizard, Apr 22, 2015.

1. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Recently I've been feeling attractions towards guys and have started to have crushes on some of them in my school. It was awhile ago that I finally realized that I hadn't had a crush on a girl in a long time and that I think I'm gay. But then my friends told me that there are rumors that I get around a lot, with girls, and they are jealous of me because of these rumors. I've told them numerous times that I've never been with a girl or anyone, but they still don't believe me. Soon after my friends told me about these rumors I'll notice a girl and think, "Oh she looks attractive." I think I'm trying to prove to my friends that I do like girls, but I just came out to myself, so these thoughts have come at a weird time for me. Is it because I feel pressured from my friends or because I'm actually bi not gay?

2. bi2me

Welcome to EC! No real advice, but I've found that reading what others post can help me realize my own answers. Try not to get too hung up on labels. :slight_smile:

3. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks! Ok. I just wasn't sure because I guess I just wanted to say if I was bi, or gay when I came out.

4. bi2me

Maybe just say you know you aren't straight but you aren't ready to put a label on yourself yet. Take time to (safely) experiment with what you want and need in a partner. :slight_smile:

5. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the help