1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

very masculine appearance but gender neutral....

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by davinci, Apr 25, 2015.

1. davinci

so Ive only recently questioned my gender and sexuality and i realized that im gender neutral, pan-sexual, and demisxual (thats not hard to explain to people at all). Lately ive wanted to have a more gender neutral appearance but i have no idea how to do that! Ive had a beard since grade 5 (currently in gr.11) and a deep voice since grade 4 i also have a more masculine looking body and facial features so obviously everyone i meet automatically assumes im a guy but i want to change this. does anyone have any tips on what i can do?

2. Im Hazel

Subtle makeup could help. Also, if body shape is your problem, you could wear a corset-style thing. Thought that may be going too far.

3. davinci

yeah ive been thinking about makeup but its hard to wear it so it fits my look and yeah i think i think a corset maybe going too far.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Well, it's really difficult, I'm sorry to say, to do a makeover so superb people won't put you down as either male or female; that's the nature of the gender binary. Too little, such as only a scarf and your hair to the side, you're a guy in people's eyes. Too much, like a tight coat, boots, long hair/wig and full makeup etc. etc., you're a girl. At least at first glance.
    I've experienced that myself as I were walking past a group of boys once. I couldn't hear what the first one said, but the second one said "No, that's not a girl!" So apparently the first one thought maybe I was a girl, but the other one said I was a guy. It's really that important for people to be able to neatly classify people like that, otherwise, well, boohoo, insecurity etc.
    The easiest thing is to wear what you like and explain to people and correct them when they mislabel you, because they will, I'm sorry to say it.
    However, you can alleviate some of this binary stress with some cool tricks.

1) First, work your body! For example, I've quite visible abs, which might not be very typically 'feminine', but I've also an hourglass-shaped waist. Thus, I like wearing women's t-shirts and my fav women's coat that's nice around my waist (although it could be even more tight).
    2) Shave! I'm also male sexed. I don't care much about clothes, but mostly to counteract a portion of the stupid inflicted upon me, I crossdress, also because I like it and my gender is like my sexuality, I really don't give a shoot about what I get ^^
    Now I went off-topic... Oh well, my point was, shaving really helps. Me, I shave everything except my head, I like to keep my hair longer (short to medium by women standards now, and growing!).
    3) Makeup. Again, only that which fits you and you feel comfortable with. Me, I almost always have my nails done (fingernails). I often wear some lipstick and some eyeliner, but I know not all biomales feel comfy in that; it's easy for me, I've quite a small and "cute" face, so I've heard ^^
    4) The way you hold yourself. Me, I often walk with a 'female swagger'. I don't force it, I just walk like that sometimes. And I can sit in typically 'feminine' ways, like legs crossed etc. The way you hold yourself is important in the way you come off. Just think a bit about the way you usually hold yourself :slight_smile:
    Hope that helps! Good luck :kiss:

#4 Invidia, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  5. davinci

thank you very much for the advice im sure it will be helpful when i try it out xD