1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and would like to here your opinions

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ashlxyy, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Ashlxyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am really confused about my gender

Right i would like to start of by saying my sex is male but i don't feel at all like a male. I act like a normal male around my family as i don't really want them to find out anything ( i don't really like sharing my emotions with my family ). When i am alone i always think about how i would fit a female way better then a male i would prefer to be called a girl over a boy. I don't like my boy parts at all i find them weird and just plain out of place if that makes sense. I always represent myself as female in any online site. I have always wanted to dress as a female but my parents would (probably) not accept me or just not understand. But the real question that has always been there is am i really a female in a man body i think about this alot i don't really understand myself completely i feel lost i wish i didn't think this way and i get emotional over it ALOT. when i was at school i really wanted to just speak to girl i hated guy talk it was so plain and boring. i never really "fitted" in because of this i could not speak to guys they just bore me but i was to afraid to speak to girls i just have no confidence at all. i'm really confused and would like to here your opinion thanks for reading. ^.^

2. Niall Horan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I couldn't really tell you much from the experience of being in your kind of situation, but I can tell you that you should act on whatever feelings you have. I'm sure someone who is trans could much better help you understand how you're feeling. I wish you the very best :slight_smile: oo

3. Im Hazel

That sounds a lot like me, if it helps. I think that you could well be trans(*) in some way. Do you get dysphoria? You say you hate your "guy parts". Does thinking about them make you depressed or confused?

4. Ashlxyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yes thinking of my guy parts gets me very down it just feels completely wrong in every way. Thxnks for the reply ^.^

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me, you sound like a trans woman. Does that feel right to you?

6. Ashlxyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yes in every way. I'm just so nervous about telling anyone i don't have many friends as it is and the ones i do have i don't want to lose. I am afraid they will push me away or reject me. >.<

7. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out can be scary and difficult, and it's true, it is possible that the people you tell will reject you. But if they accept you, it feels so much better to be able to be yourself around them and not have to hide your identity.

If you want to start telling people, I would advise choosing your most liberal friend and telling them (or if you're still nervous, start by just bringing up trans people around them (e.g. "Did you hear about Bruce Jenner?") and see if they respond positively). After you have one person who knows, it can be easier to tell other people since you know you'll at least have this person to support you, and they can also help you figure out who else to tell.

8. Ashlxyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i can't thank you enough you have help't me so much. Hopefully i can get some kind of confidence and start to open up to one of my close friends ^.^

9. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad I could help. Good luck!

10. Lazuri

You do sound like a transwoman. It also helps to find a female friend who is willing to help you with all the feminine stuff. Experimenting helps you realize what you're really about more than theorizing.

How long have you felt this way and how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

11. Ashlxyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i am 17 Its been about 2-3 years since i been feeling this way. I hope i can find a female friend how can help me would help a bunch. ^.^