1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demigender??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Whattheheck, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Whattheheck

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello hi, so I've been researching gender and identities and I feel like demigirl suits me. I was looking for other people to talk about gender with because I'm still trying to find myself? So yeah sharing experiences would be super appreciated

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'm still questioning which is why i have shifted through genderfluid, trans male, bi-gender, tri-gender, and now have settled on demi-guy

I feel that most of the time I am a-gender leaning towards fem, and the rest of the time I am a very fem guy.

I think the a-gender part of me arose during puberty, my brain's coping mechanism if will. I remember as kid I was thrilled to be a tomboy because I thought it meant I could be a both a girl and boy, and that I would eventually grow to be a boy. Then puberty hit and my body changed in ways I was not happy about and quickly became ashamed of my body as well very dysphoric. In high school I hated myself and just fell into a dark depression, which lifted when I stopped trying to fit into the female role and that was mostly when I was aware of that I just couldn't feel a gender. My 'boyness' had kind of fallen silent, I guess I pushed it away but it has made a reappearance. I know none of it makes sense but it is how I view what I feel right now

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I'll sub this thread; could you describe the way you feel and maybe I could help? :slight_smile:

4. Whattheheck

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well most days i feel like i don't really have a gender just kind of disjointed from both binary genders. I can fluctuate between feeling really femme and then other days I feeling really wrong and confused if I am in a dress or in a stereotypically 'feminine' situation. I have also been looking into buying a binder for a long time because some days I really hate the parts of my body that make me feel feminine. (sorry if i sound weird or something but thanks for helping!)

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

You're not weird at all! Hugz (*hug*) <3

So, it sounds like, "most days" you feel agender/genderless/neutrois and at other times you're mostly okay with being DFAB.

it could be that you're a con-conforming girl or demigirl. But then again, you say you feel actively out of place with your body parts at times and are even thinking of buying a binder because you are sometimes uncomfortable with being DFAB, it seems. It could be that you are
    demifluid - a great part of the time feel like a demigirl, like not 100% girl but mostly, but sometimes you feel agender or out of place with being DFAB, etc. Then again, you did say that you feel agender 'most of the time', so that might not be it
    or
    genderflex - not as sure about this one, but I think it means shifting quite heavily in between different genders... don't quote me on that, and feel free to look it up, I couldn't find much...

You can ask yourself some questions:
    - Are you comfortable with being DFAB?
    -Would you be comfortable identifying and presenting as trans*?
    -Are you comfortable with female pronouns? Would you prefer other pronouns e.g. they/them?
    -Would you like to crossdress more?

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

6. Whattheheck

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you very much, i appreciate your help a lot. It seems like i have more thinking to do but you've pointed me in the right direction which is great. Thank you!

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

No problem, happy to help :slight_smile: <3