1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by one2threesloth, Apr 26, 2015.

1. one2threesloth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    I apologise if this is the wrong place to write about this as I'm new and only just come across this website.

I've know that I'm bisexual for over 3 years but just recently it occurred to me that I'm not sure if I'm 100% a girl. I decided to cut my hair very short late last year and I've been buying men's or manly clothes since I can remember now. I'm extremely open minded and believe in people doing what makes them happy.

Tonight I did some research of the other genders and their definitions and narrowed it down to possibly bigender or gender fluid but I don't know if the definitions explain quite what I'm feeling.

I'm biologically female but sometimes I think I feel like a male who likes to act as a female. I don't feel like I have a gender sometimes either. I don't know if any of that comes under bigender or gender fluid or whether there's a whole different label for what I'm feeling. Also it's been worrying me as I've been so confused lately so should I just accept this feeling or is there something else I should do? I haven't spoken to anyone about all this either. I don't know how to bring it up and my family aren't very accepting of it.

Thank you for reading and if any of you have the time I'd really appreciate some advice or answers to anything if you have any.

Also thank you for this site being made and everyone on it for being super wonderful!

2. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Feelings are a hard thing to deal with, but you'll figure it out, I promise *hugs*

As of now, just go with the flow. I know you want answers, trust me, I know. I've been questioning things for a while now, and answers would be a great thing right about now. But what you need to do is try things out. Test different ways to dress and act, ways to wear your hair, see what feels best for that day. Day to day it might change, and that's perfectly fine. Just live in the now and follow your heart

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help, but stay on the positive train and be open to possibilities!

3. DragKing692

In fact, I've had the same problem. But I've learned two things: don't over consent yourself with labels, because its not worth it. Just describe yourself as you! And two: take it on a day to day basis. Some days will feel feminine, others masculine, and some days neither. But just relax, and let your heart guide you! And if you need ANYTHING, message me. We'll eat through it together.
    Best wishes,
    Bernie

4. Summer Rose

Let's start by expanding on this tid-bit. A male who likes to act female? In what way? Perhaps a femme male?

so sometimes you feel...genderless? It doesn't matter about the label, more so that you feel like your caught between these two states. If you feel really, continuously distraught, I would recommend seeing a gender therapist, as they could help you better sort out your feelings.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    What happened to my post, I was the first one to post yesterday? :frowning2: I was nice and everythig... oh, well.

My point, was, do look up this Trigender - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia because I think you might be trigender like me since you specify s distinct third gender (genderless in your case)

6. one2threesloth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You helped a lot thank you !! Also, I really appreciate the hug!

I'm sorry you've had to go through this all too but I feel better knowing I'm not the only person feeling this way and I hope you feel the same too.

I'll try and go with the flow for now, I just feel a little uncomfortable not knowing what to do with myself hah!

Also I'm not sure if this is the right way to reply as, like I said, I'm new to this but I'm finding it really great as well!

Thank you !!

---------- Post added 27th Apr 2015 at 09:02 PM ----------

I'm glad to hear you've learned things from your experience!

As for the labeling, I've never been fond of it but I guess I'm a little desperate as to finding out who I really am. But I shall definitely take your advice and take it one day at a time - thank you !!

Same applies to you if you need anything, thanks so much!

---------- Post added 27th Apr 2015 at 09:04 PM ----------

Well what I mean is that I wear makeup and do my hair and sometimes wear traditionally female clothes but I feel like a boy when I do that sometimes..

I will consider that, thank you for your reply! It helped a lot.

---------- Post added 27th Apr 2015 at 09:06 PM ----------

Aw I don't know what happened either. :frowning2:
    Thank you for being nice and replying though! And thanks for the link, I shall check it out now!
    Thanks so much !!