1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Half-Gender Identity?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Chibi Giraffe, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Chibi Giraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, this is a bit weird for me to talk about since I've just started having these feelings and I don't want to make it a huge deal but, I don't know if my feelings are legit or not...

All of my life I've never really completely identified as a male. I am born male and I have "lived" my whole life as male. I love* the body I'm in (wish I was more in shape, but...). I don't identify as female at all, so I'm not transgender. As a child, I can remember not really "feeling" like a male, but due to being raised in a fundie christian household and after buckling down to fit the worlds standards, I tried to "man up" more. But I have always felt like I wasn't "man enough", and it really gets to me. I have low self esteem and low confidence, and not fitting society's standard for manhood increases my worries.

Last week after watching this YouTube video "Everything Gender", I've been thinking nonstop about gender identity and gender expression and romanticism. I thought that coming out as gay was enough to find myself, but there are so many other aspects of my life that I still need to search for the answers to.

I really hate to make a post about this though because I feel that I'm overreacting and over thinking (symptoms of my self diagnosed S.A.). There are so many other people out there who are stuck in the "wrong" bodies while I'm here content with my body. I just feel guilty for having these thoughts.

Am I the only one with this problem or is this actually a thing?... :confused:

2. yayforthelgbt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I kinda understand what you mean tbh. I wouldn't say I'm transgender but I sometimes don't feel at content with my male self.

3. BluhImCourtney

You don't identify as either male or female, right? That's fine. There is a thing called being "agender", where you feel like no gender. Or you could just not fit into the gender binary in general.

Mushrooms have like 36000 different sexes and/or genders, why can't humans?

EDIT: There's also "bigender" or "genderfluid", so you might want to look those up.

#3 BluhImCourtney, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  4. littlemoose

There's also a thing called being Demi-Gender. Where one gender is a bit like your anchor, but you can flux or your gender can just be kinda floating around.

5. BluhImCourtney

Yeah, I was gonna say that, but I only found out about it like a month or a month and a half ago, so I didn't know if I could say much about it. ^-^"

6. Chibi Giraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i've heard about this. but i thought it was for a person who only slightly identified as the opposite sex. i'm a biological male who slightly identifies as the same sex. i know it's weird but...

im ok with being a guy, its just that i cant fully recognize myself as one...

7. Elianora

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is also the option of not using any labels or just being a slightly more feminine male. But aside from labels, you could just try experimenting a bit, perhaps try some feminine things, get an outfit perhaps and wear it once in a while. maybe try shaving your body. the thing about not fitting in with your assigned gender is its not about moving from one box to another, its about doing what makes you comfortable, no matter what box(s) you are or aren't in.