1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderqueer peeps, how do you manage relationships with cis folk?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by gravechild, Apr 28, 2015.

1. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Because it seems to me everyone has a "script" for you based on your assigned gender before even getting to know you as a person. Someone online said that if someone doesn't know your sex or gender, they'll make it their business to. This is an issue, since I've spent over twenty years trying to conform to something that felt wrong, and now that I'm getting to where I want to be, people are trying to roll back progress.

In the case of many cis women, it has more to do with roles, ie protector and provider, as well as typical bedroom ones. Again, poison I've been fighting for years, including two past relationships. With cis men, it's based more on appearances, but I also think most women would have an issue with what they'd see as "cross dressing". It seems a turn-off to most people, so it's no wonder so many hide it for years.

I've had a bit more luck in the trans and genderqueer communities, especially since many also identify as pansexual or queer. Still, I wouldn't want to limit myself to a very tiny portion of the population, which feels like having my cake and eating it. This makes my bisexuality seem like the most miniscule of problems, by the way. So if anyone has tips or experiences to share, it would be a huge weight off my shoulders.

Thanks!