1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding???

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Lawlett, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Lawlett

Lawlett Guest

Okay... So as a trans*male still living at home, who hasn't come out, and who has extremely homophobic/transphobic parents, I'm in a bit of a ditch.

Recently, I have found a website for a non-profit binder exchange program (TransActive Gender Center). They donate binders to youth who suffer from gender dysphoria. I qualify for one, if I filled out an application.

Thing is, if I order one, my parents will freak out if they find it in my possession. They will also freak out if they found it in the mail. And if my siblings find it, they will report it to my parents, who will freak out.

I had an idea though. Soon I'll be going out of state to stay with my grandmother for a few weeks. I was thinking that during that time I could order it and probably secretly receive it as well. Then I could take it home and my parents would never know. Is this too risky?

Do you think I should just give up on the whole binder thing until I'm 18 and moved out? I really, really want one because it would make me a lot more comfortable but then again I won't be able to wear it around my family until I come out to them.

Ugh. It's just so frustrating. I know that the only way I can go is with a proper binder (I've heard all about not using ACE bandages and all that...) but getting one is the hard part.

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are ways to make binders out of tank tops, youd have to look up youtube vides.