1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with Intense Dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by hii, Apr 28, 2015.

1. hii

hii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been feeling horrible the past couple days, and after thinking about what caused these feelings I realized that it all leads back to dysphoria. My social dysphoria has gotten so bad that it's getting hard to cope. Coming out has triggered the whole thing because I always feel like people don't think I'm a "real man". It's hard to explain... I just don't want to become depressed again- I want to get through this transition until I've fully come out (I hope it will get better then.)

Any advice?

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you know of anybody who you can talk to? Someone you know is transgender? An LGBT group nearby? Those of us who are more comfortable after coming out have reached out to these kinds of groups.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say to find escapism in something you like, maybe music or video games. When dysphoria hits me, it hits me hard and it's crippling--so I try to distract myself as I feel it starting to creep up and hope for the best.