1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronouns?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by UnderTheRainbow, Apr 30, 2015.

1. UnderTheRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What are some pronouns androgynous people use? I'm pretty sure I am androgynous, and I really don't like she, her, and pronouns like that.

Sorry if I insult you, I am new to all of this.

2. ctrl alt delete

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use, the singular they, like this: River went to the shops, they bought milk there. They like to put milk on their cereal. (I'm eating breakfast as I'm writing this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

There are other options and some times I wonder if I'd prefer to use something less impersonal like, ze and hir. Which would go like this: river went to the shops, ze bought milk there. ze likes to put milk on hir cereal.

The reason I went with the singular they though is because it seems to be becoming the most popular gender neutral pronoun.

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i have a friend that uses ze/hir or hen.
    and another friend who uses they/their

4. Queero

Lots of people use they (it's singular and plural), and there are many others, the ones I can think of right now: ve/vir, xie/xer (don't know how those are pronounced), and I heard of someone using ghe (Can't think of how to spell that out phonetically, kind of like "jhe" or like "gee" crossed with "shuh" at the beginning).

When I'm in doubt, and want to use a gender neutral pronoun, I just chop off the sh/h, and just go for "e", it makes everything more relaxed, and instead of " 'er" or " 'is" I just make a kind of inbetween sound "uhh", but people understand I'm still referring to a person, so it works. And no one questions this. :slight_smile:

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I use ze/hir for now, although if they/them really catches fire, I might begin using that one instead. So, it's like:

Triflow said that ze doesn't drink milk, 'cause ze is vegan. Triflow uses other stuff in hir food than dairy.

Hey, I'd been thinking of making a game out of this! I think I'll make it now, take a peek in Fun and Games and I'll have it there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use they/them because it's familiar and it's much easier for people who aren't familiar with alternative sets of pronouns to use.

7. Ninnie

Out Status:
    All but family
    I personally don't care what pronouns people use towards me unless I'm feeling extremely dysphoric that day. I am most often called she/her pronouns because I look very feminine and it usually doesn't phase me. My friends use he/him at times and they/them at others. I'm sure if you Google you can find a bunch or you can even create your own.