1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderqueer..i think..

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by WhovianGirl112, Apr 30, 2015.

1. WhovianGirl112

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've been questioning my gender for a few years and I've recently come across the term genderqueer ( I'm behind I know..) and i believe its what i am. Some days i wake up so dysphoric looking at myself but some days i feel fine.. My friend says that all girls feel that way but i think its more than that.. Can any of you relate? Its confusing me so much...

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    more on genderqueer here

I was told when first starting my quest to find my gender identity that most cis-gendered people don't ever really question their gender, and that the fact that I was doing so meant how I felt about my birth sex and gender didn't match up. I don't know if it is true but I really want to believe it is.

In my opinion all girls have days where they get frustrated with their bodies, in fact most humans do, but that doesn't usually make them dysphoric as I have come to understand the term to mean.

For me, looking at my body (my hips and breast to be exact) and would just hate myself. I would have days where I hated everything about myself. It was to the point where I was depressed and I wore baggy clothes to hide my body. At the time I didn't know it was certain parts of my body causing all this, except that my breast were things I always wanted to hide. Most girls I knew wore clothes that showed their off while I just wanted to get breast cancer so I could have mine removed. Even to the present day when I feel a lump I hope its cancer. I also wished that I would get ovary cancer so that I could get a hysto.
    That being said, these days I'm not all that dysphoric. I have many days where I wake up and I am fine, but for the most part I feel that I have become numb towards my body and dress in the way people around me expect me to.

I don't know if any of that helps you, but it is my take on things.
    Perhaps you could give a little more detail. Like what exactly lead you to question your identity?