1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning Who I Am

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by theperks, May 1, 2015.

1. theperks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I'm really confused and I have been for awhile. I was assigned male at birth and I'm beginning to question if this is my true identity. I'm rather masculine but I'm not sure if it's because I'm afraid to be feminine. I find myself looking at women clothing, interested in makeup and nail polish. I sometimes wish I was born a woman. If I could choose my gender from birth, as of now, I would choose to be born a female. I'm also gay and I realize that gender identity and sexual orientation are not connected but I can't help to think that maybe I want to be a woman because I don't want to be gay.

2. ApexxShadow

I recommend seeing an LGBT+ friendly therapist about this, or a guidance counselor who can help you.

3. Jellal

I agree. There's no replacement for good therapy.

Also ask yourself what it is about being a woman would make you happier than being a man. Try to develop an understanding of what those terms "man" and "woman" mean to you personally. You may be surprised at how those terms might not mean what you thought they meant.