1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to all of this.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by eyexciteme, May 2, 2015.

1. eyexciteme

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello everyone!

My name is Brandon. I'm currently living as a gay man in a long-term relationship with my male partner. We have been together 9 years now. I have just very recently been considering trans as a serious choice for myself after many years of struggling with self esteem, identity, relationships, and life in general.

I have not openly communicated my interest in becoming a trans female with my partner. As you can imagine there is a lot at stake as he is of course attracted to my male persona, and I'm sure (if I so chose) becoming a trans woman would be a major obstacle in our relationship (we have even talked of marriage...informally "engaged"). He does, however, know that I love drag queens, Drag Race, and am very interested in gay and trans culture; he enjoys Drag Race a great deal with me :slight_smile:.

I am actually planning to contact a former counselor this week to further discuss my feelings, but have already started looking up information on what transitioning involves. I find that my feelings on transitioning vary from minute to minute, from complete euphoria and excitement of the prospect to suffocating anxiety and fear. I'm sure many of you can relate.

Can you offer me any tips on bringing this subject up with my partner in a delicate way; again, I have never delved into trans more than fun drag makeup (as you can see in my profile pic....although that was "light" drag makeup :slight_smile:. Thanks all!~

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it something you could talk about in very general terms - in the third person? It might be a way of exploring his general thoughts on the subject, without committing yourself to it.