1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay so I need advice.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Spacesword, May 3, 2015.

1. Spacesword

I don't know if I'm genderqueer, demiboy, ftm or what.
    I was born female but I know I am something Masculine, how could I go about finding out how to identify myself?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Give yourself plenty of time to do soul searching, and hell, experimenting is totally fine and cool.

3. Buttercup2

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I agree with Daydreamer! Patience is required for this kind of thing. Which sucks. I don't need to tell you how frustrating it is when you don't even know who you are. But at the same time, that's why it's so important, you know? It's your very identity, and it's something you need to figure out, no matter how long it takes.

4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Patience. Lots odlf patience and may the force be with you.
    Just give it sometime and think, but don't obessesed. Its okay to switch between identies as you work it out. I went from trans male to genderfluid to demi boy before where I landed now. Just a matter of finding which ones seems to fit you best.

5. Lawlett

Lawlett Guest

If you have any specific questions, feel free to shoot me a message (or wall post or whatever). I'm pretty confirmed, personally, as trans*male and have thought of basically every question on the topic and why/why not and so on...

Usually, you know you're trans when you have experienced the gender dysphoria.

Here are the criteria for being diagnosed:
    In order for someone to be diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria today, they must exhibit a strong and persistent cross-gender identification (not merely a desire for any perceived cultural advantages of being the other sex). In children, the disturbance is manifested by six (or more) of the following for at least a 6-month duration:

repeatedly stated desire to be, or insistence that he or she is, the other sex
    in boys, preference for cross-dressing or simulating female attire; in girls, insistence on wearing only stereotypical masculine clothing
    strong and persistent preferences for cross-sex roles in make-believe play or persistent fantasies of being the other sex
    a strong rejection of typical toys/games typically played by one’s sex.
    intense desire to participate in the stereotypical games and pastimes of the other sex
    strong preference for playmates of the other sex
    a strong dislike of one’s sexual anatomy
    a strong desire for the primary (e.g., penis, vagina) or secondary (e.g., menstruation) sex characteristics of the other gender

In adolescents and adults, the disturbance is manifested by symptoms such as a stated desire to be the other sex, frequent passing as the other sex, desire to live or be treated as the other sex, or the conviction that he or she has the typical feelings and reactions of the other sex.

Persistent discomfort with his or her sex or sense of inappropriateness in the gender role of that sex.

In children, the disturbance is manifested by any of the following: in boys, assertion that his penis or testes are disgusting or will disappear or assertion that it would be better not to have a penis, or aversion toward rough-and-tumble play and rejection of male stereotypical toys, games, and activities; in girls, rejection of urinating in a sitting position, assertion that she has or will grow a penis, or assertion that she does not want to grow breasts or menstruate, or marked aversion toward normative feminine clothing.

In adolescents and adults, the disturbance is manifested by symptoms such as preoccupation with getting rid of primary and secondary sex characteristics (e.g., request for hormones, surgery, or other procedures to physically alter sexual characteristics to simulate the other sex) or belief that he or she was born the wrong sex.

6. Spacesword

As a child I did not have many female friends and preferred the rough games and Hated dresses and pink. By the time I was eleven I wanted to cut my hair short like this guy Ricky I went to school with and when I was sixteen I finally got my hair cut short in a boy cut. I have worn a binder(a badly made one though that I barely even use now because I found out that the particular one was bad on my chest and ribs.) and feel more comfortable in men's attire.