1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work Drama

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by scIance, May 5, 2015.

1. scIance

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everybody, I was wondering if some of you might have dealt with this sort of thing before, and if you have any advice for me. The situation is that I'm totally out at work, and have been since I started last year. Most of my colleagues are great about using the right pronouns and generally being good people, but some of them, not so much... I really don't know what to do about it without being confrontational, but I also don't want to be that guy who deals with stuff passive-aggressively. I will be working with these people for years to come, and while they may get better after I have top surgery and take testosterone, I feel like that's totally insufficient. They shouldn't start respecting me after I pass some "manliness" test, they should respect me from the start because I'm a human being.

Should I confront these people? Should I try to get a higher-up to intervene? :confused: What would you do? :help: